How To Choose The Right Panel Beater
Whether your car is damaged in an accident or a collision of some kind, you will need the services of a panel beater. Furthermore, these professionals will assess the damage, take out the wrecked panels and parts and then go about the repairing process using hydraulic, mechanical and metalworking equipment. Not to mention, panel beaters know everything about the make and model of cars, thus they can provide customised solutions that will work best for you. However, finding the right panel beater in Sydney isn't as straightforward as you might think.
The auto repair industry is full of shady operators who'll either perform a lacklustre service or rip you off outright. To ensure the damage on your car is repaired in the best possible manner and at a reasonable rate, here are five tips to help you when choosing a panel beater.
1. Word of mouth- It goes without saying, that no marketing activity is as powerful or as influential as word of mouth. From online searches to a quick conversation with your family and friends, they'll give you an honest opinion as to who you should choose. In addition, make sure you visit the panel beater's website and go through their past customer's reviews and testimonials. As with any review and testimonial, the odds of someone taking the time to write a positive review are a lot slimmer than a competitor or a vindictive customer posting a negative review. Besides, you will almost always find occasional negative reviews about most companies. However, make sure you steer clear of companies that have too many negative reviews.
2. Quotation- A reputable panel beater will provide you with a detailed quotation before starting any work on your vehicle. Furthermore, the quotations should consist of the cost of the parts, labour, painting and any other repairs that your vehicle needs. It is vital that you get a minimum of three quotations from three different panel beaters.
3. Check out their workplace- Before choosing a panel beater, make sure you check out their workplace. Furthermore, make sure you find out whether it is well organised and efficient and whether they are using the latest tools and equipment. It may be difficult for the untrained eye to make an accurate assessment of a panel beating workplace, but you'll at least be able to get some idea of whether the company is good.
4. Assess their customer service- Without a doubt, a crucial factor that you need to take into consideration when choosing a panel beater is their customer service. While researching a panel beating service in your area, make a mental note of any interactions you may have with a company's customer service team, whether it be in person, by email or over the phone. Furthermore, if they respond quickly with useful information, then you are likely dealing with a professional company. On the other hand, if they take too long to get back to you and are abrupt or unhelpful, then they'll likely act the same during the panel beating process as well.
5. Experience and accreditations- Companies who have withstood the test of time are probably worthy of your business. Even though there is no hard and fast rule, any company with decades of experience is going to be a pretty safe bet. In addition, the more certifications and qualifications a panel beater has with well-known automotive agencies, the better that company is likely to be.
While these were some of the tips and tricks for choosing the right panel beater in Sydney, there are many others, such as look at their specialisation among many others. However, it is vital that you choose a reputable panel beater. One of the recommended ones is Lewisham Smash Repairs. They are an accredited panel beating repairer in Sydney and offer a broad range of services at affordable rates. You can visit their website at lewishamsmashrepairs.com.au.